Searching for your perfect home in Lancaster? If you are curious about homes that are currently on the market, our website is a great spot to start your search!
Happy Holidays!!! We have two full weekends before Christmas – WHAT?! If there are holiday activities you still want to do, now is the time to make a plan and make it happen!
We like to squeeze the most out of the holiday season! It’s the best time of year!!!
If you are looking for a list of the best holiday activities in Lancaster, PA, you have come to the right place… read below for the 10 BEST HOLIDAY ADVENTURES IN LANCASTER.
- Give back! Water Street Ministeries is always appreciative of volunteers this time of year. many homeless men, women, and children will be spending their Christmas at Water Street Mission. Help spread the Christmas cheer when you gift someone at the Mission with a gift off of their wish list. Visit www.wsm.org/volunteer to learn how to give a gift to someone in need this holiday season.
- Cut your own Christmas tree – Elizabeth Farms is the best place to do it! Horse drawn carriages and cocoa included!
- Santa in the City – Santa will be flying in from the North Pole on December 10-11 & 17-18 to travel through the neighborhoods of Lancaster City, with the help of the city’s fire and police department. Visit lanc.news/santainthecity for Santa’s route and times!
- Christmas at the sweetest place on Earth – Hersheypark! Christmas Candylane has over 5 million lights and all your favorite rides and coasters. You have to make a stop at Harvest, located at the Hotel Hershey, for dinner and dessert!
- Have a little one? Take them to Lancaster Cupcake to hear a holiday story and decorate their own themed cupcake! Sign up ahead of time on their website.
- Lancaster Central Market – we love it hear any time of the year, but it is extra magical at Christmas! All of the local vendors and Christmas cheer make it easy to say you need to go!
- Kitchen Kettle Christmas – enjoy the flavors of Kitchen Kettle with the Holiday Flavors Tasting Tour! This runs through December 17. Food lovers of all ages will love their samples and bites of history about the Village.
- Lancaster Shops Late – each year there is a night where retailers are encourages to stay open late for Christmas shoppers. This year it is on December 9th. Go for the shopping or go for a few of the warm beverages and treats offered at select locations.
- Perhaps the most Lancaster thing on the list – Santa and Goats. Grab the change to take pictures with Santa and his “elves” on December 11th. There will also be hot cocoa and the chance to play on the farm. It is free and open to the public!
- Visit the Fulton Theater – wow!!! This is an annual tradition in our family. The Fulton always puts on an amazing show! This season’s show is Cinderella. We can’t wait to see it in a few weeks!
Of course, another favorite thing is driving around and looking at holiday lights. Stay tuned for next week’s post highlighting the best Christmas light displays in our area!
It’s undoubtedly the busiest time of year. Remembering to pause and spend time with loved ones if one of the best things you will do for yourself this month. Even if you do one (or none) of the things listed above, the best item on this list is to take time for yourself to enjoy the season and all its hustle and bustle!
How do we know all of these great Lancaster Local Secrets? We are local real estate agents and residents of Lancaster for more than 30 years!
For more information on the wonderful homes in Lancaster County, call Mary Sue at 717-333-9653 (WOLF) or visit our real estate website at www.WolfandWebb.com.
No home is too big or too small for our team. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.