When some think of a weekend getaway they may brainstorm weekends in Philadelphia, New York City, the Poconos or the shore. But do they think of our own Lancaster County? Living within Lancaster you might have never thought of a well deserved weekend away down the road…but why not! There are hotels, inns, and Bed & Breakfasts located across Lancaster all wonderful places to enjoy a night away. Though it is important to pick a spot for a weekend away that includes entertainment, shopping, food and more…the perfect spot no other than Kitchen Kettle Village! Kitchen Kettle Village is located at 3529 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse Pennsylvania. A quaint village within Lancaster County that is full of shops, restaurants, places to stay and more! The village offers a variety of goods to enjoy and events to participate in. Let’s dive into this incredible gem some more!
It all started with a jelly business in 1954. A family was canning jelly in their garage while also growing some animals in their backyard (where the village is now located). A true family affair is what shaped and created the Kitchen Kettle Village. The jelly is what started the village and you can still find it as well as other canned and baked Dutch goods. With 42 shops and 2 restaurants you can enjoy so many delicacies. What is wonderful about the shops is you can see the employees making things like jellies and jams while you are shopping around, it is truly remarkable to see all that goes into creating these tasty treats. Stopping by one of the shops is a great way to find a gift for a friend while supporting local artisan. While you can enjoy food and baked goods that is not all that the shops have to offer. You can find bags, accessories, shoes, clothing, jewelry, body products, pottery and so much more! Let’s look at the tasty food options-
- The Bake Shop- enjoy shoofly pies, and homemade cookies warm and tasty
- The Jam & Relish Kitchen-for all your jelly and jam needs a perfect gift for a new homeowner with a nice cutting board or spreading knives
- Harvest Cafe- warm up with soup, sandwiches and savory sides all homemade
- The Kling House Restaurant- the perfect spot for brunch or lunch for some sit down dining
- Pappys Kettle Korn- the popcorn shop with combinations for everyone to snack on from savory to sweet…talk about a tasty treat
- Pepper Lane Fudge & Sweets- made from natural ingredients hand made fudge in many flavors can be found here but also some other creative treats like barks and nut clusters
- The Roasted Rooster-as you enjoy strolling through the shops enjoy a hot cup of coffee from the rooster a great way to start your day
- The Pretzel Haus- Pennsylvania is known for their tasty pretzels, how does this one hold up…it may become your new favorite spot
- Aged and Cured- another great gift spot for a new homeowner find some cheeses, mustards and more the perfect gift for someone with a char cuterie board or cheese platter
- Lapp Valley Farms Ice Cream- be sure to stop for a tasty treat with homemade ice cream before leaving or during a hot day to cool down
- Waltz Vineyards- a local vineyards delicious wines are located here
- The Olive Basin- with over 40 premium oils a great way to get something new to try
Talk about a place full of tasty treats! With shops and food to enjoy there are also things to do with your children that they too will enjoy. There are AA Buggy Rides within a horse drawn carriage throughout Lancaster County’s Countryside truly breathtaking and peaceful. But that is not all…Kitchen Kettle Village has created an “I Spy” for children and gingerbread decorating!
If a weekend away is what you are hoping for, enjoy The Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, a truly peaceful space. There are 18 different options for accommodations, each just as charming as the next. There is free parking for patrons of the village and of the inn. Each morning you can enjoy a tasty breakfast while relaxing.There are rooms and cottages to pick from as well as an option to have the Happy Hour package where you can enjoy happy hour after a day of shopping or before a nice carriage ride with a cheese tray from the village and some wine from Waltz Vineyard!
With restrictions it is important to check their website before visiting the village for any new updates. Currently the village is open Monday through Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-5pm. That being said shops may have limited hours and some are closed during the month of January and February. With that the village is offering online ordering and pick-up to ensure safety of their patrons. This is the perfect spot for a weekend away with friends but with it being right in our backyard you could also enjoy an afternoon or morning brunch! I look forward to hearing what you think of this quaint space within Lancaster County, enjoy supporting local business and artisan while appreciating a large pallet of meals, snacks, and treats!
Contact Mary Sue Wolf to look at homes and properties not far from this magnificent village. You will love it here!
For more information on wonderful homes like: 679 Goose Neck Drive, Lititz PA 17543 call Mary Sue at 717-333-9653 or visit her website at www.WolfandWebb.com